There are several ways you can give to our Community. Here are a few….
Holy Cross Endowment Fund
What is the Holy Cross Society for the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Church?
The Holy Cross Society is a community of donors who give to ensure a strong presence for the Greek Orthodox Faith on the East End of Long Island for generations to come. Members have made the long term financial stability the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Geek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons a part of their estate
planning and or planned giving.
What is the Holy Cross Endowment Fund for the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Church?
The endowment fund is an inviolate fund of capital from members of the Holy Cross Society. Once a gift is given, it is never spent, but rather it is invested for the long-term benefit of the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Church. Earnings from the fund (i.e. interest, and investment returns) are dispersed annually to the Church to offset the cost of maintaining our Sanctuary and Cultural Center, and to support our religious, philanthropic, cultural and educational offerings.
- The Fund in Inviolate. The capital is never spent, but invested.
- The proceeds from the fund support ministries in perpetuity.
- The endowment creates long term financial stability, ensuirng the Church will be financially sound today and for future generations.
- Offsets the cost of beautification, maintenance and programs
When you join the Holy Cross Society for the Dormition of the
Virgin Mary Church, you respond to the God’s call share the Gospel, you support philanthropy, and ensure that future generations will
have a strong Church Family. Most of the financial support we offer the Church supports immediate needs for ministry, but the endowment fund supports ministries in perpetuity. Additionally, there may be tax benefits for you, for family, and in the case of estate planning, for the your heirs.
How to Join
There are two ways to join the Holy Cross Society for the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Church:
- Name the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons as a beneficiary of your will.
- Name the Dormition of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons as a beneficiary of the life insurance policy.
- Bequests can be made with cash, real estate, or monetary instruments such as stocks, bond and insurance policies
- You may also elect to join the Holy Cross Socieity for the Dormiton of the Virgin Mary Church with an outright gift of
$20,000 or more today, Outright gifts may be given in gift intallments up to four years.
“We now have the opportunity to that our Church for enriching our lives for the better! We have made the Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons a beneficiary in our wills”
–Peter and Greta Nikiteas